Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nemesis What It Is: The Prequel

I admit it; I am not the best speller in the world. It doesn't seem like a big deal but it really did got me in big trouble one time. Really BIG trouble.

See I had to write a letter to the camp commander, who at that time, just like the guy who stands outside KFC all day, was a colonel. I know this sounds really stupid, especially now as I am literally only weeks away from graduating, but I sort of misspelled colonel.

Colonel = COL. Well I sort of spelled it as CPT. For the uninformed thats short for captain. Yes I know. Its really dumb.

Now the camp commander won't just read any letter; It has to be endorsed first. As it turns out the person endorsing that letter was none other than the female officer. She signed the letter without so much as reading it (which makes it her fault too right?), and sent it directly to the commander's office.

Needless to say the camp commander was none too pleased at being demoted 4 ranks by her. He called her to his office for a meeting, and while I wasn't there in person I did hear that it was not very pleasant.

Well she was furious with me, and sent the word out that she was looking for me. So I did what any person in my place would do; I switched off my handphone and avoided her at all cost.

I managed to avoid her for weeks if you could believe it; I guess she gave up after a while. I thought I just dodged a major bullet, but it seems that I ran straight into another one.

Because in that time she was looking for me, she bumped into my nemesis...


4 comments:

  1. So this is the story behind how you accidentally stepped on her toes, ultimately causing you to be in charge of the store. Demoting of rank is not such a big issue in the workplace as it is in the army. So, I suppose you were just unlucky. Well, I guess this taught you how to proof-read everything before you send it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!! come on man.. this kinda mistake,i would think she was nice to wait for your nemesis' cue to tekan you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol 4 ranks, ouch. Hey Faizal, if you saw her and apologised would that have helped?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha well it wouldn't hurt i suppose... i probably would have just gotten away with just a scolding...

    But then again I probably would have said something to make it worse like, "you really should read what you sign".

    yup. 18-year-old Faizal wasn't the most tactful person. haha...

    ReplyDelete