Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Application Letter First Draft

Dear Mr. Chua,
This letter is to express my interest in joining HDB as a civil engineer. I am keen to start using the skills and knowledge that I have acquired during my tertiary education to help change the Singapore’s physical landscape for the better and I sincerely believe that HDB is the best place for me to do this.
As my enclosed resume indicates, I do have some relevant experience. During my internship I have gained valuable first-hand experience in site investigation. In addition, my Final Year Project (FYP) involves tunnelling and drilling in Singapore. I believe these two events have given me a greater insight on local geology, as well as a better understanding and appreciation of the nuances and intrinsic details of Singapore’s physical environment.
I will be e-mailing you within the following week to schedule an interview so that we can discuss my application further.
Meanwhile, should you have any further questions, I can be contacted at the phone number listed in the resume.
Kind regards,
Faizal Zulkefli

1 comment:

  1. Hey man,

    Consider this better (edited for grammar and subtlety):

    "I am writing to express my interest in joining HDB as a civil engineer. I am very keen to start using the skills and knowledge that I have acquired during my tertiary education, to help change the physical landscape of Singapore's for the better. For that, I sincerely believe that HDB is the frontline option to put my abilities to good use.

    As my enclosed resume indicates, I also have some relevant experience. During my internship, I have gained valuable first-hand experience in on-site investigation. In addition, my Final Year Project (FYP) involved tunnelling and drilling in Singapore. I believed these two events had given me a greater insight on local geology, as well as a better understanding and appreciation of the nuances and intricacies of Singapore’s physical environment.

    Remember to be delicate, delicate, delicate! Only then will they see you are a beautiful person with a beautiful intention!! Look at Issac's one, it is a very good example of being delicate and subtle and therefore beautiful in writing and intention.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete